Sunday, November 26, 2006

Weight

Agatha’s hand
is heavy on the
velvet waist of my
half-laced bodice. The
meaning of weight: I
will soon sprawl beneath
brocade, her body
slung beneath my skirts.
She will snort, heave, stand,
stagger, and slam out.

Still, the weight of her
hand thrills through my thigh.
Let me lean, press my
hip against her suede
skin. Beneath my skirt
my slip rides up. I
feel my bodice crease
beneath her severe
fingertips. I drop
my eyes. Hide their sheen.

The weight deserts my
waist. Her hands lumber
across my breast. A
tug. Dangling ribbons
yield. Her terse voice: “A
double bow will keep
ribbons from skipping
out.” Hands slide beneath
my collar. Compress
my shoulders. I gleam.

I’d slump beneath her
pleats. I’m thread. Let her
weave me into twill.
I’d succumb. Her hands
are still. I stand, red.

No comments:

Post a Comment